Bankruptcy Lawyers in Cook and Will County Helping Individuals Obtain a Fresh Financial Start
Life is full of new beginnings, and bankruptcy is simply one of them. Residents of Cook and Will Counties struggling with debt can often eliminate or significantly reduce their debt by filing for bankruptcy. It’s important to remember, however, that bankruptcy isn’t for everyone, and Cross Town Legal’s personal bankruptcy attorney, Katrina A. Cox, will thoroughly evaluate your case and let you know whether she believes you can benefit from filing.
Bankruptcy can eliminate a variety of consumer debts, including:
- Medical debt
- Credit card bills
- Personal loans
- Past-due rent
- Utility bills
- Business loans
- Auto loans
The key to successfully bankruptcy discharge is often attorney-client communication. You need an accessible and responsive legal advocate throughout the bankruptcy process, and our renowned reputation for customer service precedes us at Cross Town Legal. To determine whether and what type of bankruptcy may help you start fresh, contact experienced Chicago bankruptcy attorney Katrina A. Cox today at (708) 478-9700 or online for your free personal bankruptcy consultation.
Types of Bankruptcy Available in Illinois
The framework for bankruptcy was established in the U.S. Constitution. There are three major types of bankruptcy available to struggling families and businesses:
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy: This type of personal bankruptcy is available to individuals without a steady income who are unable to pay their debts. Chapter 7 bankruptcy helps Illinois residents start anew by liquidating individual assets, with certain exclusions, and distributing those assets to pay your creditors. Any remaining dischargeable debts are then forgiven. (*certain debts are note dischargeable, and we can help you determine that.)
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: For individuals and businesses with a steady income or valuable assets, Chapter 13 bankruptcy provides relief from harassing creditors by restructuring your debts as you make a single reasonable payment to the court. If you successfully abide by your payment plan over a period of years, your remaining debts are generally discharged.
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy: This type of bankruptcy is available to businesses that require assistance restructuring their debts while remaining in operation. It can also result in the discharge of certain debts and protection from harassing creditors.
Personal Bankruptcy Services We Offer
At Cross Town Legal, our focus is on assisting clients with Chapter 7 bankruptcy petitions and reestablishing their credits thereafter. We commonly provide the following bankruptcy services to our Chapter 7 clients:
- Reviewing assets and liabilities to determine bankruptcy eligibility with an honest assessment of your financial situation
- Filing petitions for bankruptcy in United States Federal Courts
- Walking you through court-mandated financial courses
- Helping you get your credit back on track after a bankruptcy
- Personal assistance from an attorney to prepare a manageable budget during bankruptcy, a service most firms seldom offer
- Protection from harassing creditors
- Helping you gain financial freedom
At Cross Town Legal, our clients are clients for life. We are here for you before, during, and after the bankruptcy process to ensure your future freedom and success. We will set our clients up with a financial advisor and we work with many lenders who can still help make the dream of owning a home a reality for clients who have had a bankruptcy. Let us help you make your dreams come true!
Financially Overwhelmed? Start by Contacting our Compassionate Will, Cook, and DuPage County Personal Bankruptcy Attorney at (708) 478-9700 or online.